Friday, May 22, 2015

More Dinosours, Dammit!

Have I mentioned recently that this blog is entitled "No Dinosours!" because I am tired of people confusing archaeology with paleontology?

Apparently not. It's been over a year since my previous rant.

To add injury to insult, someone redid the Anthropology Department's website and put a photograph of what appears to be a dinosaur skeleton as a banner across the top of the page.

As such, it even appears across the top of my own Departmental page.

I even complained about this at a College Faculty Assembly meeting, but that had no effect.

Please don't visit my Departmental page. It has virtually no useful information and also contains errors, such as my rank and title.

Disclaimer: Paleontology is very cool, but it is a branch of geology, not Anthropology. Archaeologists look for people, not dinosaurs. It's amazing how many educated people do not seem to know this.




No comments:

Post a Comment